Coopers’ Old Boys’ Lodge

5211

Venue

On Monday 3rd November 1930, the consecration ceremony took place in the Grand Temple at Freemasons Hall.

The first regular meeting of the lodge (9 days later) was held at a room in The Florence Restaurant, Rupert Street, W1. The Lodge held the next six meeting here, but then on the 22nd June 1932, the Lodge moved to a room at The Horse Shoe Hotel, Tottenham Court Road, W.1. This was obviously a popular or convenient location as the Lodge met here for twenty eight years!

In 1960 the Lodge moved to a room at the National Liberal Club, Whitehall Place, SW1 which became its home for the next fifteen years.

Between February 1976 and May 1977 the Lodge had a brief stint at the Tower Room, Tower Hill, and then in September 1977, the lodge moved to the fabulous Abercorn Rooms, Great Eastern Hotel, Liverpool Street, EC.

By 1982 the Lodge was on the move again, this time making its way back to Freemasons Hall for a twelve year sojourn back at HQ. In 2005, the Lodge moved to the City University Club, Cornhill, which was very convenient for many of the members who worked in the City, but following the clubs move to a new and smaller location in Crutched Friars EC3N in 2018, the Lodge moved back to Freemasons Hall again which is its current location.

Back to About Us

News

Hundreds of disadvantaged young people across Wandsworth supported through boxing mentorship

Read more

Squaring the circle Helping young people find sustainable work

Read more

With VE Day approaching, meet the Brethren of WW2

Read more